What do I love – alignment
Part 1 : Skills
- Weaving on a dobby loom, counter march loom and hand-loom
- Dyer of fabric and yarn, wool, cotton, silk
- silk-screen printing on fabric
- embroidery, using thread etc.
- ceramic hand-building, press moulding
- slip decoration
- dry-point etching
- copper etching
- linocut printmaking
- gum Arabic transfer printing
- watercolour painting
- oil painting
- acrylic painting
- drawing, pencil, charcoal, mixed media
- pen and ink
- felt-making including nuno
- hand-piercing metal
- hammering metal
- intricate wire-work
- soft toy making
- teaching art, design, textiles at primary, secondary levels
- teaching adults
- interior design skills
- gardening skills
- enamelling on copper and steel
- house decorating
- collecting, placement and arrangment
Part 2 Hearts Desire
- ceramic hand-building
- drawing - mixed media, all media
- collage - placement collecting/collating
- painting – oil, acrylic, watercolour
- object making – mixed media
Part 3 Wannabe Skills
I really don’t think I need to add any new skills to my list the problem with me is that I have too many skills and feel I’m always missing out by giving up on something.
I haven’t touched weaving for 25 years but I can’t sell my loom just in case and it would feel like failure?
I vowed to give up ceramics last year and go back to weaving but ended up doing neither and feel like I’m falling between the cracks of my life’s work without dedicating to one skill area.
blah blah blah!
So what do I need to strengthen?
I keep going back to painting and drawing….all the workshops I’ve signed up to in recent years have been about achieving an ‘abstracted’ approach to representation using mark making .
- oil painting
- hand-building animal form in ceramic
Part 4 Perfection
still working on it….